100 Day Project Day 11
*update: this is part one of a two-part project. Read part two.
*Update 2: Since this post, I’ve made an all-in-one post about removing ink, coloring, and making plarn. Read it here.
Day 11 of The 100 Day Project: Today I’m experimenting with plastic bags. I’m trying to see if I can paint them before turning them into plarn.
I did a little digging into google about dying or painting plastic bags, and my search didn’t unearth much. The research started to give me analysis paralysis so instead of diving deeper I decided to just do my own experiment.
I took four different colors of plastic bags and two types of paint. One is the hot pink survey marking paint that I found and one is a standard white Rust-oleum paint & primer. The Rust-oleum says “any surface, any angle — wood, metal, plastic, masonry”. The survey marking paint says “designed to adhere to most surfaces including pavement, gravel, and soil”. No mention of plastic but whatever, I guess we’ll see.
I want to see if I can get a little bit of pattern/variation in the plarn colors so I just crumpled them up and sprayed haphazardly. I’m going to let it dry overnight and see what the results are tomorrow.