100 Day Project Day 12
*update: this is part two of a two-part project. Read part one.
*Update 2: Since this post, I’ve made an all-in-one post about removing ink, coloring, and making plarn. Read it here.
Day 12 of The 100 Day Project: Well, yesterday I decided to start an experiment with coloring plarn using paint. And today I have the results. I’m happy to report that it worked! Both types of paint stayed on the bags just fine, and I had no problem turning the bags into plarn. Some of the paint came off onto my hands, but I expected some of that. Plus, it washed right off. I’m interested to see what they look like when made into something.
I let the paint dry overnight last night and here are what the bags look like flattened out:
So I made the plastic bags into plarn in the same way I did on day 9. First cutting off the top and bottom, then cutting the tube into one big long strand about an inch and a half wide.
The amount of pink paint that came off onto my hands after cutting all four bags was minimal and washed off easily.
And here are the four plarn butterflies (in the upcycled plarn basket I made on day 10), ready and waiting to be made into something else!