100 Day Project Day 90

Day 90 of The 100 Day Project: I can barely describe how thrilled I am with the accidental texture on this weaving. It’s nothing that I intended but everything that I needed. I’m in love.

My original intention was to use some macrame knots to make a shape on the warp, but I didn’t think to “box in” the long strands of knots on both sides to give the whole weave structure. So when I took it off the loom, it was terribly sad looking.

I played around a bit with the strands, piling them and twisting them, and I loved the undulating, serpentine texture that they made. So I decided to secure them with a few hidden strands, and here’s the result!

I’ll post a timelapse video today after work of some of the process. 

IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG